Monday, March 10, 2014

Hearts In Atlantis - Stephen King

Hearts in AtlantisHearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This one pissed me off because of many reasons. The first half of the book is fine as a story, it's all stephen king, it's scary, it has the small town people making a living, it has a child who has some kind of special ability, but then when i got done by the first half, the second half had me completely WTF'd by it. Why didn't the story continue as it should have? Why do we have to switch gears and get into a totally different story?

The closure of the book left me with a ripped off feeling, too. I mean, if you skip the whole second half, reading a few pages in between and read the last few chapters, you'd get the whole idea of the story. What I think, is that the Vietnam bits were just not my cup of tea, because I cannot for the life of me, relate to it. Maybe it's me, maybe it's others, too, but this one just didn't work for me.

Reading king's books leaves you with a weird feeling of not wanting to pick another king book for a considerable time. It's so with all his books. Some authors, you pick a book, read a book and the next thing you want to do is read more fucking books by that same author. Not so with King. I can digest, perhaps, one book every six months. I loved reading Duma Key, but that one also left me drained and exhausted.

Anyway, will probably read some Dilbert book or something next.

View all my reviews

No comments: