Monday, December 5, 2011

Reading :: A Song Of Ice And Fire :: Book 2 :: A Clash of Kings

The first book went by pretty fast and I started on the second one. Lot of commotion in this one. There were two new character chapters introduced, Cerscei and Theon. I don't think the queen was in the first book,  but I am not really sure.

Anyway, Tyrion in now in the kingdom and he is now involved in the kingdom's politics. This echoes too much of Inquisitor Glokta going to the besieged city in Joe Abercrombie Book 2 of First Law. (I need to do a future post on comparisons between Glokta and Tyrion.)

So, almost 65% done with the book. Going good so far.

The chapters I like most are of Jon and Tyrion. Sansa and Arya are okay-ish. The chapters of Bran are also interesting. I don't really like Catalyn's point of view, but hey, anything that moves the story forward.

Once I am done reading this book, I'll finish the two hanging books Plugged by Eoin Colfer and The Cold Commands by Richard K Morgan. I hope Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch releases soon. I really want to read that.

(Future post idea :: Why I didn't like Scarecrow and the Island of Thieves)

Two future post ideas in this one post. GREAT!

2 comments:

Mrfuzzybear said...

Yea, Jon Snow and Tyrion have always been my favorite point of views. Jon in particular is my favorite. I like Tyrion's wit and admire Jon because he reminds me the most of Eddard Stark. And from a certain perspective it could be said that he has it worst than everyone else.

Pallav said...

hey man, thanks for the comment.

Yeah, Jon has the worse luck of all, he is far from his family and he can't do shit about it. I think Arya also drew the worse of the lot. She is virtually without any help so far in book 2!

Hope to see you here again!

Cheers!

Pallav