Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Review:: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Ready Player OneReady Player One by Ernest Cline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There were many reasons why I liked this book. The story take some time in getting no start3d but once it does,  it rolls along pretty nicely.

All in all,  it's a pretty believable book because I felt it's a satire on times of today and the way we live our life,  always looking at one screen or the other. Our world has become our OASIS. The dystopian tinges in the book reminded me of 1984 and even though I missed on the video game nostalgia, I still get the sense of where the author was coming from.

The points that I didn't like in the book were: the lack of an evil figure and how easy it was for the main character to go through loss and problems presented to him.  He had a solution for every problem. Like,  God's hand on his back.

I'm basically looking for another blade of tyshalle.  Where the bad dude was super bad and the good dude was ample evil too. That book spoiled every future book for me. It set the bar too high in my head.

Anyway,  if you live video games,  read ready player one.


View all my reviews

No comments: