Friday, February 10, 2012

Books read So Far in A Song Of Ice and Fire series (

Alright, last I posted, i was reading book 3 of A Song Of Ice And Fire. Book 4 was a drag and after I read it and trawled around on the interwebs, i confirmed that I was not the only one feeling that A Feast for Crows was just bang in the middle of the books, it broke the continuity and it added elements to the plot that just stretched everything everywhere!

Again, who the fuck am I to say anything about what goes on in GRRM's mind and how he plots or how he doesn't plot. These are just my feelings regarding the books. Well, I had to slow through a feast for crows.

Then, came A Dance With Dragons. It doesn't require another post, so I'll just write my feelings about that book here. Hmmm, the three dragons actually hatched at the end of book 1 and at the end of book 5, they're somewhat of a threat to the whole universe of ASOIAF. It's all just people running here n there with little else of importance happening. Too many loose ends just left to fester in the wind like open wounds till GRRM works up to the sixth book Winds of Winter. Yeah, the guy is going to take his time. And I don't think we'll see the book anytime sooner than 2014. I am not holding my breath. As another of my favorite authors Neil Gaiman once said "GRRM is not your bitch."

He is not.

*I'll just go sulk a bit in the corner.*

No comments: