Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Secret Of Excalibur :: Andy McDermott

I was looking to pick any action adventure novel after finishing the last two slow books (read last post). And i found The Secret Of Excalibur in my bookshelf. I had bought this book some time back but it was just hiding under some other books. I started reading it and found it a fresh and enjoyable read. The chemistry between the two lead characters Dr. Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase is funny and charming in turns. The way the character of Eddie Chase goes through a transformation after accidental death of a a friend has been written well. The novel is about the hunt for legendary Excalibur, which is some kind of superconductor used to create a super energy source which can cause super havoc. Feel the drift? Heh.

Other than that, there is your usual fair of exploding helicopters, drowning submarines, race against time, and a Threat To Humanity. All Earth In Peril and it is up to our heroes to Save The Day. Which they always do by the end of the novel. A great read, lots of history, but i guess you need that to fill the book, between the action sequences. I kid.

It's a good book. I read it in less than a week. I had time on my hands.

After this book, i picked up James Rollins' Excavation.

That, in next blog post.

No comments: